Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Welcome to the HTC One Forum - HTC One Series Phone Forum & Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SIM card not detected

SIM card not detected

Hi all! Got my spanking new HTC One X on Friday. Feels pretty good. However I encountered some problems with SIM detection. Went to my service provider and they hve changed my SIM card yet I still experience the problem randomly.

I suspect that the SIM connection may be faulty e.g. connection loose. Signs of undetected SIM and detection when I press the phone at the part where the SIM is located.

Wonder if any other owners experience this phenomena?

Daniel from Malaysia

Hi, welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here.

I've had this problem before with my old HTC Desire, it was a loose connection between the simcard and the metal it wasn't making full contact. If you have another phone you can try the simcard with, perhaps a friend's phone, you can determine if it's actually your phone or the simcard that's causing the problem.

It should.not be the sim card as it was replaced twice at my service provider. May have to bring my phone in to HTC if becomes unbearable.

I would love to know if you find a solution for this. I have a tablet that has a similar problem. I bought two new micro SD cards and neither are recognized.

Problem seems to resolve already. I suspect its just the connection at the sim card. Will update if recurrs again.

I've the same problem. Can you tell us what happend that the problem resolved?

To be frank, i don't really know how the problem has been resolved. All i know is it has not happened again since. Getting to learn and appreciate it's capabilities now. Should i say it self healed? The closest thing I did to "repairing" the problem wasto give the SIM portionof the phone a good firm press.

I am experiencing the same issue. I took the SIM from my HTC Sensation and trimmed it for the micro-SIM slot on the HTC One X. I can still use the card with an adapter in the HTC Sensation; however, the One X doesn't see my SIM card. My SIM card is A 64K Cingular card and I am still able to get 3G and HSPDA in the US

In troubleshooting this problem I have noticed that not all SIM cards are the same. Some have a wider metal contact area than others and does this make a difference? I also noticed that the outer edges of the metal contact on my home made micro-SIM touches the lip of the micro-SIM card holder on the HTC One X, could this be the problem also?

I am led to believe that the One X will only work with the 256K SIM cards.
    Last edited by Max1; 04-16-2012 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Additional information became available

Quote Originally Posted by fksek View Post
    "Problem seems to resolve already. I suspect its just the connection at the sim card. Will update if recurrs again".
    im glad it is not such a big problem

Quote Originally Posted by fksek View Post
    "Problem seems to resolve already. I suspect its just the connection at the sim card. Will update if recurrs again".
    i suspected it was that but i am glad it has been solved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast