Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Welcome to the HTC One Forum - HTC One Series Phone Forum & Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charging HTC One X for the First time

Charging HTC One X for the First time

From what I understand, you should not use your HTC phone right out of the box. You need to give it a fill charge first. How long do you need to charge the HTC One X for the first time. What could happen if you do not allow the HTC One X to charge fully on the first charge?

Well the proper way of charging a new battery is to fully charge the battery, then let it drain all the way, then recharge fully again. This method will make your battery last longer.

I knew you should charge it up, I did not know that you should drain it and recharge it again. Thanks for the tip, I will remember to do that when I get my HTC One phone.

My friend says that if you don't charge them then they can have battery issues. He blames not allowing his phone a full first charge to be the reason his last phone had an early demise.

what i did with my one x, was to use the charge currently in the battery until fully drained. and then begin the cycle of full charge to full drain, and currently easily get through a day

I wish I had known about this sooner. I have had problems with my current HTC One phone. I charged it full, but didn't let it drain for at least a week. I just kept charging it.

i think it should maximum of 12 hours charging if not the battery will somehow collapse in the sense that some cells in the battery will die and you will start having battery issues

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    "i think it should maximum of 12 hours charging if not the battery will somehow collapse in the sense that some cells in the battery will die and you will start having battery issues"
    but time is not approximate since some batteries will lie about being fully charged so the best thing to do is to wait till the phone is fully charged

Quote Originally Posted by KASSEMJO View Post
    "Well the proper way of charging a new battery is to fully charge the battery, then let it drain all the way, then recharge fully again. This method will make your battery last longer."
    frequent battery charging spoils the phone's battery

It's actually a myth that you have to fully charge the battery. You can use the phone straight out of the box and charge when needed, it will not effect or shorten your battery life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast